DAVE SMITH MONO EVOLVER KEYBOARD
This monophonic, performance-oriented synth is the latest addition to the Evolver family. The voice architecture is identical to its siblings, but it sports a 3-octave keyboard, pitch and mod wheels, and enough knobs and switches to put a smile on the face of even the most jaded tweaker. Features Monstrous four oscillator voice architecture: two analog and two digital. True stereo signal path with separate Curtis analog low-pass filters in each channel. Dedicated onboard effects (feedback, delay, distortion, high-pass filter, etc.). Highly accessible sound control for easy, intuitive operation: 58 knobs—43 of them potentiometers—and 33 switches. 16 x 4 step sequencer really brings the Evolver to life with evolving “pseudo-polyphonic” sounds – you won’t believe it's monophonic! Stereo audio input for audio processing of external stereo or mono signals, enabling the synth to act as a unique stereo effects processor. Everything (sequencer, LFOs, and delay) syncs perfectly to MIDI. Multiple Evolvers can be daisy-chained for increased polyphony.
- 3-octave, semi-weighted action keyboard with velocity and aftertouch.
- Spring-loaded pitch wheel and assignable mod wheel.
- 512 fully editable Programs (4 banks of 128) Oscillators: 2 digitally controlled analog oscillators (DCOs) with selectable sawtooth, triangle, saw/triangle mix, and pulse waves (with pulse-width modulation), and hard sync; 2 digital wavetable oscillators with Prophet VS waves and wave sequencing capability, FM and ring modulation.
- White noise generator
- 2 Low-pass filters: 1 analog Curtis filter per channel, selectable 2- and 4-pole operation (self-resonating in 4-pole mode).
- 3 Envelope Generators: filter, VCA, and assignable (four-stage ADSR).
- 4 LFOs.
- Glide (portamento): separate rates per oscillator.
- Analog VCAs.
- Digital high-pass filter.
- Digital delays: 3 separate, syncable, stereo delay lines.
- Tuned feedback with "Grunge": use feedback as a pitched sound source.
- Distortion and "Output Hack."
- 16 x 4 step sequencer: one sequence per Program.
- Arpeggiator: up, down, up/down, and assignable modes, and latched operation.
Ins and Outs
- MIDI In, Out, Thru, and Poly Chain.
- Stereo audio input: 1/4" unbalanced.
- Main stereo audio output: 1/4" unbalanced.
- Sustain pedal input: accepts normally on or normally off momentary footswitch.
- Pedal/CV1 and Pedal/CV2 inputs: responds to expression pedals or control voltages ranging from 0 to 5 VDC (protected against higher or negative voltages).
- Headphone output: 1/4" stereo phone jack.